"How do you explain yourself, as a Maker, to people outside of the Maker community?"
Maker Faire Interviews
I was invited to the set-up of Vancouver's Mini Maker Faire, and decided to use my time to ask some questions to the Makers as they were setting up. Everyone was super kind, and they all gave amazing responses to the five (technically 6) questions I posed:
- 00 - What's your name, what do you make, and how did you first get into it?
- 01 - What is one thing you know now that you wish you knew when you started?
- 02 - Are there any tools that you've found indispensable over the years?
- 03 - What's the most important thing you've learned while practicing your craft?
- 04 - How do you explain yourself, as a Maker, to people outside of the Maker community?
- 05 - Is there any other advice you have for makers just getting into things, or for contemporaries in your field?
Playlist of edited answers.